Impossible to connect to wifi for over ten seconds

centaur2469

Prominent
Aug 22, 2018
Since the community won't let me jump in on active posts on this subject I have had to start my own. Also, all the subjects I find relating to this matter are extremely old, I'd like a fresh opinion.
I have specifically an RCA Tab similar to the Viking Pro 10.1 that has recently been having a major wifi issue. I have preformed every usuall method of fixing and I also have resorted to root control.
Resetting device doesn't work. Nor does removing all wifi connections, installing wifi fixers, checkers, the works. And, I have even gone into the Data folders and deleted certain files in trying to reset the wifi and make it stay on, however possible. Nothing is working and I'm at my wits end for a fix.
The problem is that, I'll turn on the device and just about as soon as a wifi signal is aqquired, it drops it altogether. I know for a fact that there is a strong wifi signal and out of 8 androids using the wifi this is the only one having problems. The Android seems able to detect the signal and it kind of reminds me of a resistor overheating where it shuts off but it's not. Wifi checker says wifi is all good, so I don't understand the problem I'm having. Any suggestion is wanted. Stupid ones I will obviously weed out, meaning if you offer advice I'll be able to tell if you know what you're doing or not. Thank you in advance.
Casper

Solution
Sounds like a hardware issue not a software one. Which means not a 'simple' fix. If you are comfortable opening up the tablet and replacing the parts yourself, great. Otherwise I would suggest taking it to a local tech.