Lg g5 can't save new pictures to an SD file.

Aug 22, 2018
When I try to save a new picture to an already created folder that is saved to my SD card it will not save the pics. Also if I try to create a new folder to save to my SD card it says invalid name no matter what I try to name it.

Solution
I see. So it may well be the card or data. If you still have the old phone, I would put the card back in it and then connect the phone to a computer via USB cord and see if you can move the files off the card to an empty folder on the computer. If you can't put it in the old phone, or don't have it any longer, you can try doing the same through the new phone. However, it could have issues reading it through the new phone.

Once you get the data off the SD card, then I would suggest formatting the card and trying again to put files on it and see if the new phone can read it. Just make sure you leave the data on the computer and only copy it back that way there is no risk of loss. Should it work, great. If not, then you just get a new...
Did you try restarting (turning it off and back on) the phone? Sometimes that is all you nee to fix this.

Now if that doesn't do it, I have to ask then how did you create the folder on the SD card originally? Was it through an app, or a computer, or something else?

I see. So it may well be the card or data. If you still have the old phone, I would put the card back in it and then connect the phone to a computer via USB cord and see if you can move the files off the card to an empty folder on the computer. If you can't put it in the old phone, or don't have it any longer, you can try doing the same through the new phone. However, it could have issues reading it through the new phone.

Once you get the data off the SD card, then I would suggest formatting the card and trying again to put files on it and see if the new phone can read it. Just make sure you leave the data on the computer and only copy it back that way there is no risk of loss. Should it work, great. If not, then you just get a new card and start fresh.

Solution