Main Storage Not Available

Aug 21, 2018
On my Android 6.0 tablet, using a file manager, my main (internal) storage shows as "not available". I can't open it to see any files. When my SD card is in, IT shows as the main storage.
Thank you

Solution
Sounds like you set the SD card to be "Internal" storage. Which would cause this issue in some cases. Have you tried, instead, connecting the tablet to a computer via USB cord and then trying to view the files via the computer while it is connected?

Should that not work either, then the only resolution would be to change the SD card from "Internal" storage back to "External" storage. Which would wipe the card. So you would need to back up any personal files from it first. Apps, however, would not be something you could back up.
Sounds like you set the SD card to be "Internal" storage. Which would cause this issue in some cases. Have you tried, instead, connecting the tablet to a computer via USB cord and then trying to view the files via the computer while it is connected?

Should that not work either, then the only resolution would be to change the SD card from "Internal" storage back to "External" storage. Which would wipe the card. So you would need to back up any personal files from it first. Apps, however, would not be something you could back up.

Solution