Samsung galaxy s4 wont turn on for no reason

Aug 12, 2018
I was watching movies on my samsung galaxy s4. It was dying as I was falling asleep. When i woke up I plugged it in and hours later when i checked on it, it still would not turn on. i have already tried to factory data reset or boot it up in safe mode but it didn't seem like my phone had enough life left. this is my old phone with pictures that i cant get back with people who have passed away... please help me with any suggestions.

also when i plug in my phone the battery icon sometimes pops up but then goes away.

Solution
Pull out the battery, put it back in, leave it charging overnight. Hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, release, try turning it on after that. If it turns on, first thing thing you need to do is copy your pictures to a computer or cloud storage like Google Photos. If the phone does not turn on at all, you can check out a repair shop to see if they can get it going. You need to do backups of your files before an issue, trying to recover things after something happens is too late.
Pull out the battery, put it back in, leave it charging overnight. Hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, release, try turning it on after that. If it turns on, first thing thing you need to do is copy your pictures to a computer or cloud storage like Google Photos. If the phone does not turn on at all, you can check out a repair shop to see if they can get it going. You need to do backups of your files before an issue, trying to recover things after something happens is too late.

Solution