caller cannot hear

Aug 12, 2018
When I receive or make a call on my ZTE valet the other person cannot hear me but I can hear them fine. I tried a voice recording at it works fine.

Solution
Try "Settings" and then "Sound" and then "Volume" There should be options for different types of sounds.

Also, you would need to check the call screen while you are 'in/on' a call to see if the mute there is being selected.

Another way to test is to try and call another phone you have access to. So you can test all the settings while in a call. It could turn out not to be your phone even. Can't know without trying different things.
Aug 12, 2018

I have searched through the entire phone and cannot find a way to mute or unmute the phone, would you know how to do that?

Try "Settings" and then "Sound" and then "Volume" There should be options for different types of sounds.

Also, you would need to check the call screen while you are 'in/on' a call to see if the mute there is being selected.

Another way to test is to try and call another phone you have access to. So you can test all the settings while in a call. It could turn out not to be your phone even. Can't know without trying different things.

Solution