Solved! Sd card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2018
I have a huawei y7 prime 2018 n i noticed that every time i put my sd card as default storage locations it gets corrupt or starting failing to save any pics or other media and i tried this on two or three sd cards so i wanna know if its caused by android security or i should send my phone to be checked by warranty services

Aug 8, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kagamerh : "Micro Sd card problem"

I have a huawei y7 prime 2018 n i noticed that every time i put my sd card as default storage locations it gets corrupt or starting failing to save any pics or other media and i tried this on two or three sd cards so i wanna know if its caused by android security or i should send my phone to be checked by warranty services

It wouldn't be a security issue. However, depending on what you are trying to download to the card, and how you are trying to download it, then that could be your problem.

It isn't the main phone download settings you would have to change but the settings within the individual apps you are using to download. You would have to change the location for downloads in those settings for it to work. Also, this wouldn't work for apps.

If you are setting it up that way, and it still isn't working, then yes I would contact the manufacturer. As long as it is still under warranty.

Just a word to the wise, back up anything you want/need from the device before you send it, and remove anything you don't want anyone to access.

Aug 8, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kagamerh : "Sd card problem"

Hello i bought a new huawei y7 prime 2018 and i noticed that when i put the sd card the default storage place after a period of time it starts to fail saving anything and doesn't allow me to delete anything of it n i tried another sd card but i faced the same problem again so i wiuld be happy if you can advise me what to do should i send it to warranty services or its an android proble (Note when i put the sd card into pc after it starts failing to save it shows the dialog "scan and fix the drive" and when i format the card n put it back to the phone it works but faces the same problem)

MERGED QUESTION
Question from kagamerh : "What should i do"

If it is giving you problems with any card you use, try the card in another device and see if it gets problems in that one. If the card is bad, it will show as such no matter the device. If, however, it is the phones SD card slot, then you would need to contact the place of purchase and get them to exchange it for a working on, or contact the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.