Verizon Android cannot receive MMS from T-Mobile users

hysteria357

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
I have been having an extremely odd problem with my phone and I'm at a loss after countless hours of troubleshooting and no resolution from support on either sides. For as long as I can remember, I have been unable to receive MMS messages (group and picture) from anyone on T-Mobile. Calls and SMS work fine. I can send MMS without issue, the only problem is when they try to send me something.

I have tried every option in the phone, anything related to APN and network settings. I have changed SIM cards, it has also persisted through 4 different phones, and it even continued as I have moved to different states.

I called Verizon support and they say that the messages "never entered the network". I call T-Mobile and they say that the messages left their network without issue. I am at a total loss here.

Solution
It has to be on the carrier's/service provider's end. It could be either one. Alas, as you have run into, actually 'looking' into a problem like this is not something they do easily.

I had a carrier a while back that every couple of weeks the system would not let me get texts. They would try to say oh it is the phone, blah blah. You can tell when you call and you are 'not' talking to a real tech. Sad but true. I would have to make a few calls before finally someone would get me to a 'real' tech who would submit the info to the right department and poof, all the texts that didn't show came through, at once. Days worth. And a couple of weeks later we would play this game again. Note, I could send, just not get. And I never changed...
It has to be on the carrier's/service provider's end. It could be either one. Alas, as you have run into, actually 'looking' into a problem like this is not something they do easily.

I had a carrier a while back that every couple of weeks the system would not let me get texts. They would try to say oh it is the phone, blah blah. You can tell when you call and you are 'not' talking to a real tech. Sad but true. I would have to make a few calls before finally someone would get me to a 'real' tech who would submit the info to the right department and poof, all the texts that didn't show came through, at once. Days worth. And a couple of weeks later we would play this game again. Note, I could send, just not get. And I never changed phones, because it wasn't the phone. ;)

I know it is a hassle, but you are going to have to go up the chain with them. Keep asking for supervisors or the 'real' techs. Eventually someone will figure out why it isn't working. There is nothing anyone else can do.

Solution