Note 5 verizon, want to use

Aug 5, 2018
Hi.
My phone died. Bought an unlocked phone. They sent me a Verizon phone.
I know cricket is no longer cdma
So will the verizon phone work with cricket? Like 4g LTE and all?
Should i demand a gsm phone?

Solution
It won't work on a GSM Network. CDMA and GSM are not compatible. Very few devices are made that can work on both, and they are never really carried by major carriers.

I am guessing they assumed you would know which carrier was which and would choose appropriately. Can't hurt to contact them and say you chose wrong and see if they will let you exchange it for a GSM device. Just make sure you pick one that actually is GSM.
Your info is a bit confusing. If you bought an unlocked phone, that said it was originally Verizon, then you bought a CDMA phone. They didn't send you anything wrong or a wrong version. You can contact them about returning the phone and getting your money back. Then you can locate and purchase a GSM phone if that is what you are looking for.

You can't 'demand' someone send you a different kind of network phone. The advertised phone would say what network it works on. So unless they 'said' that it works on the network you wanted, they sent you what they advertised.

Otherwise you would have to keep the phone and change to a carrier that uses a CDMA network.

Aug 5, 2018
Hi
So the seller said to pick your network
Or pick unlocked for an unlocked gsm carrier.

I was under the impression that a Verizon phone would not work on a GSM network.
So they sent me an unlocked Verizon phone. I don't know if it will have issues on a GSM network.

Does that make more sense?

It won't work on a GSM Network. CDMA and GSM are not compatible. Very few devices are made that can work on both, and they are never really carried by major carriers.

I am guessing they assumed you would know which carrier was which and would choose appropriately. Can't hurt to contact them and say you chose wrong and see if they will let you exchange it for a GSM device. Just make sure you pick one that actually is GSM.

Solution