App store wants me to free up space, but there's nothing left to delete

ChaosRoseKitsune

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
(My phone is a ZTE Blade A475, on Android 5.1)
I opened an app, and was forced into the app store for an update. Being an Android phone, there was never much room to begin with, so I was prompted to delete some other apps to free up space. The problem being: the update says it requires 290MB more, but the two apps that I've downloaded only add up to 190MB of that quota... So even if I deleted both of them, there'd still be about another 100MB to delete (which wouldn't matter then anyway, because I wouldn't have the app to update anymore, would I?).
I've emptied the cache and moved as much as I can to the SD card. I know about rooting the phone or changing default write to the SD, but is there anything less extreme that I could do to make more room?
Many thanks in advance~

EDIT: Also, I have no media (music, pictures, etc.) saved to internal memory, it's all on the SD.

Solution
If there are any apps that came with the phone that you don't need/use 'and' that are uninstallable, you can try that to free up some space. Otherwise there is nothing you can do. Apps cannot run on the SD card with that version of Android.
If there are any apps that came with the phone that you don't need/use 'and' that are uninstallable, you can try that to free up some space. Otherwise there is nothing you can do. Apps cannot run on the SD card with that version of Android.

Solution