Weird Inputs For Keyboard Key

Jul 24, 2018
My Razer Blackwidow X mechanical keyboard started typing "KL" or sometimes "LK" whenever I pressed "K," and recently it has started typing things like "klw," or "lkw,;" whenever I press the key. It also sometimes gets stuck on typing one of those characters, and my current window has closed a few times after pressing it. I still have the warranty on the keyboard, but since getting it fixed or replaced would take a long time, I'd like to know if there is a quick solution. This post may be a duplicate, but I haven't found anything that has helped me with this issue online.

I have tried the keyboard on 2 other devices but the same issue persists.

I recommend removing the keyboard, resting it upside down on your shoulder and tapping it on the backside as you were burping a baby until detritris falls out..

Toast crumbs are the prime suspects but cat furr is a close second. If that fails, removing it from Control Panel>Device Manager, restarting the system, and see if a reinstallation has sorted out the problem.

Jul 24, 2018

I've tried doing as you suggested, and tapped it on the back while holding it over my shoulder for around a minute or so, but it hasn't changed. The k key also no longer seems to be typing any characters and only does things that are usually activated with the ctrl key, like closing a tab or opening a new window. However, this happened a little earlier than me trying to get rid of crumbs. I also tried vacuum cleaning it but that did not help either.

As I said in my original post, I've tried it on 3 different computers, so I don't think it can have anything to do with drivers.