Rooting an AT&T S6 Galaxy to use on T-Mobile network?

Jul 22, 2018
How can I ROOT my former AT&T S6 Galaxy phone and set it up to work on the T-Mobile network, and what is the danger of doing that? Here is the context for my question:

I have an S6 Galaxy purchased from AT&T, but I have switched to T-Mobile as my carrier. I am in a small pocket location within a major metropolitan area where the 4G-LTE signal is okay, but less than stellar. The surrounding areas, less than half a mile away in all directions, have great service.

When I try to make a voice connection, using the phone as a "phone", the signal strength often drops instantaneously down to no bars, or even "E". After I hang up, the signal strength returns within seconds to 3 or 4 bars showing 4G-LTE again. I have worked with T-Mobile support to diagnose and resolve the problem. It appears that the T-Mobile GSM capacity within the 4G-LTE signal from this "recently upgraded tower" is minimal and my device is trying to "run home to Mama" (as in "Mama Bell") When using an app to analyze my signal it indicates a good LTE signal exists, but there is no GSM signal (using the T-Mobile network).

The only solution T-Mobile has been "able" to offer is for me to buy new T-Mobile phones (I have four former AT&T phones on my family plan) so that will no longer be a problem. :/

Can ROOTING my phone(s) resolve this problem and what negative consequences might I expect?

P.S. Just to be clear, I paid off my contracts on my phones before moving to T-Mobile almost a year ago. The problem with phone conversations becoming almost impossible had been an intermittent problem, but suddenly got worse a couple of months ago when T-Mobile "upgraded" the tower nearest my home.

Solution
It's doubtful that rooting the system would overarch the software AT&T put into the Android system when the original installation when in.

Even if root permissions allowed you to see the files and folders of that first installation, which in itself is doubtful, I can see problems finding the right ones to remove.
It's doubtful that rooting the system would overarch the software AT&T put into the Android system when the original installation when in.

Even if root permissions allowed you to see the files and folders of that first installation, which in itself is doubtful, I can see problems finding the right ones to remove.

Solution