Monitor to Pc no Signal

Jul 15, 2018
I'll try to make this as detailed and informational as possible.

I was on my conputer when I decided to restart it. When it did, the starting screen was completely green and it was frozen like that. Right away i knew it was an HDMI problem because this has happend before. I was moving my cable around like an antenna to see if I can get it to stop showing colors, but instead it went black. I decided to unplug my HDMI port And plug it back in. When I took it out it was missing that outer casing and looks like a ton of metal strings sticking out. I assumed the cable was bad so I removed it and put another one in to both my monitor and computer. When I turned on my computer it said no signal. I tried removing it and replugging it, turning off the power, googling solutions And nothing worked. How can I get my monitor to recognize my pc?

Solution
If the port itself is damaged, there's really not much you can do. If it's a matter of some pins bent or out of alignment, making poor contact, you might be able to straighten them out. But for the most part, when a port like that breaks it's done.

phaelax

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Assuming your new hdmi cable is good, make sure your monitor is selected to hdmi source. Removing the cable might have caused the monitor to automatically switch its source to another. Another possibility is the hdmi port on your pc got damaged.

phaelax

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
If the port itself is damaged, there's really not much you can do. If it's a matter of some pins bent or out of alignment, making poor contact, you might be able to straighten them out. But for the most part, when a port like that breaks it's done.

Solution