Wifi not connecting to Nook HD after factory reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2018
Forgot my number code for my Nook HD. I did a factory reset and now I can't get past the "connected" set up page. It connects, displays the continue with setup. I continue with setup goes to the next prompt and states that there's a network problem. All of my other devices are connected just fine, I don't know what to do!

Solution
You should be able to completely set up the device without network access. Then you can set up that after the device if fully running. If it won't set up without the network access, then that is really odd and I would contact the manufacturer.

NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, and if the tablet is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer.

1. Try and restart the tablet. Sometimes it is that simple.

2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the tablet.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the tablet to make sure it is correct.

4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully...
You should be able to completely set up the device without network access. Then you can set up that after the device if fully running. If it won't set up without the network access, then that is really odd and I would contact the manufacturer.

NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, and if the tablet is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer.

1. Try and restart the tablet. Sometimes it is that simple.

2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the tablet.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the tablet to make sure it is correct.

4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the tablet and re-input the WiFi data.

5. Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the tablet.

6. Make sure you have "Data" turned off on the device when using "WiFi" (that is if you have a plan with data through your tablet). If you don't make sure it is turned off, the device can keep trying to switch to "Data" when you try and use "WiFi".

Solution
Jul 15, 2018

I have the exact same problem. Just reset my Nook HD today and I'm stuck with no network connection even though the wifi says connected to the internet. So the Nook is now a brick since I can't get past this to get the tablet functioning. It's a huge flaw that B&N requires internet access to set the Nook up.

Aug 4, 2018

@wheedle2: Thanks for the link - worked as advertised: Downloading the correct "NOOK Device Software Update for TLS 1.2 Compliance" to my PC per the Manual Download Instructions, connecting my Nook HD via USB cable, moving the downloaded *.npk file to the Nook Device in Windows Explorer (mine shows up as "BNTV400"), then – after the file has been copied successfully – disconnecting the Nook so that it will recognize the new npk file during the next startup or during the setup procedure.

This brought my Nook HD back to life - THANKS! - S

Reactions: KashifSMalik
Nov 25, 2018

The sane thing has happened to me. Now I cannot do anything. Have you had any resolution to this. This is so frustrating because I know my internet is working.

Aug 4, 2018

@egreen9319: Have a look above at wheedle2's link and my description how it helped me.

Alternatively, try webworkings answer above ...
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.