Galaxy s7 flashes a white screen during plugging in or unplugging for approximately 1 second stating something about the proxi

Jul 9, 2018
My galaxy s7 flashes a white screen for a split second during plugging in the power cord or unplugging the power cord stating something about the proximity sensor and how to avoid the problem in the future. (Flashes to quickly to read fully)

Solution
It can go off even if you are near it when plugging it in, etc. That is the only real access to the sensor settings. Unless there is an app on it now that is messing with them. That I can't say. You can try restarting the device in "Safe Mode" to see if the issue occurs when in there. Since only limited items can run in that mode, if the problem is other software/apps then it should stop in there. Should none of this resolve it, you may want to have it looked at to check for a hardware issue.
The proximity sensor is there to basically make it so you don't dial or hit things with your face when holding the phone up to it. Anything that gets near the screen when it is active can set off the sensor. That is usually what the message is about. You should be able to turn off the sensor if you want in the settings of the phone, but then it is possible for your face to hit things when you are on the phone.

It can go off even if you are near it when plugging it in, etc. That is the only real access to the sensor settings. Unless there is an app on it now that is messing with them. That I can't say. You can try restarting the device in "Safe Mode" to see if the issue occurs when in there. Since only limited items can run in that mode, if the problem is other software/apps then it should stop in there. Should none of this resolve it, you may want to have it looked at to check for a hardware issue.

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ronkeizer1962 : "Galaxy s7 flashes a white screen during plugging in or unplugging for approximately 1 second stating something about the proxi"