In need of an android phone with specific specs.

Microsoft Windows

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
I need a new and reliable daily driver now that my Samsung J7 has kicked the bucket. I've searched for a bit but couldn't come up with much.

What I need:

Rootable

1080p 60fps screen

Physical back and tab buttons (Optional but nice)

Around 5.5 inch on the screen.

Reasonably affordable.

I really appreciate your time!

Sorry if this isn't the right thread.

Solution
If faced with this problem, here in England I would find the phone of my preference in e-Bay - probably pre-used but inxpensive. An Android 6.0 or newer can cost as little as £50. I realise this wouldn't work in other countries.

I would become a developer and root it before buying a pay-as-you-go SIM from Lebara or similar. That way I avoid a contract with anb outfit that wants my phone to be what they like and not one I would.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Tom's has a smart phone forum, so I'm sure a moderator will move it. Anyway, a lot depends on the nation you live in, as well as the region within said nation. For example, in the US, the cellular carriers and smart phone options variate depending on where you live. Also regarding rootability, that depends on the carrier's service contract and phone's warranty. Often rooting terminates carrier service as well as phone warranty, effectively bricking your phone if it is not an unlocked one (unlocked meaning not tied to a specific carrier).

If faced with this problem, here in England I would find the phone of my preference in e-Bay - probably pre-used but inxpensive. An Android 6.0 or newer can cost as little as £50. I realise this wouldn't work in other countries.

I would become a developer and root it before buying a pay-as-you-go SIM from Lebara or similar. That way I avoid a contract with anb outfit that wants my phone to be what they like and not one I would.

Solution