Phone still "lowbats" prematurely even after new battery

dankknightavngr

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
I have a Samsung Note 2. Battery drains pretty fast and It keeps turning off on its own when it reaches around 30% so i replaced with a cheap it a new battery. It has slightly better battery life (still suck tho) but still shuts down prematurely at 30% battery.

Is my phone broken or do i need to buy a original battery? (Im not sure if the last battery i bought was original)

Solution
If you got the battery for 5 bucks, then yeah it isn't an OEM one or isn't a new one. From what I know, that battery can range from 15 - 40 depending on where you get it. I would check with Samsung directly.

Chargers can be an issue by brand, but with phones and tablets not nearly as much as you might think. I have some chargers from other devices from years ago that still work, no matter the new one device I get. This, however, is not the same for say laptops. Then need to have the correct specific chargers.

Well, the fact that it is a 'cheap', a.k.a. aftermarket, battery does make the testing a little flawed to start out. Aftermarket batteries are kind of hit and miss. That said, it may not have been the battery at all.

Have you tested the phone for malware, adware, viruses, bad apps, etc? Any of these can lead to the battery draining faster and turning off the device on you. I would run some good checks on the device for that. Also, make sure you actually close apps when done with them, most people don't, and them running in the background will also drain the battery faster.

For the shutting off at 30%, check the phones power saving or echo features. They will be either in the phone's "Settings" or an app on the device (or both). Make sure it isn't set to actually shut off when it gets to that percent.

dankknightavngr

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
No malwares or viruses for sure as I already reformatted this phone many times sill same result.
How much do original batteries actually cost? Cause the one I bought looks like a legit samsung battery for 5USD...

This Phone still looks good and works well so I dont want to replace it yet its just having battery issues :/

dankknightavngr

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017

Btw, does it matter what batter for note 2 do i buy? Cause theres a lot of Note 2 versions and I just bought the cheapest compatible one :D
My phone is Note 2 SHV-e250k its korean version

On top of all that, Im not using the original note 2 charger. Im using samsung j3 prime charger.

If you got the battery for 5 bucks, then yeah it isn't an OEM one or isn't a new one. From what I know, that battery can range from 15 - 40 depending on where you get it. I would check with Samsung directly.

Chargers can be an issue by brand, but with phones and tablets not nearly as much as you might think. I have some chargers from other devices from years ago that still work, no matter the new one device I get. This, however, is not the same for say laptops. Then need to have the correct specific chargers.

Solution