Question regarding to HtcVive set up?

Jun 27, 2018
Hi guys,new here with vive and vr.
-I want to ask if I plug my HTC Vive (the head set) using the provided 3 in 1 cable (HDMI) to the link box,then hdmi out from the link box to my laptop. After that, use the dual mode mini display port from my laptop (because the only HDMI is being use by the headset), with an adaptor (dual mode Mini DP->HDMI) to change that to HDMI to attach to my TV as a spectator mode like second monitor, would that affect the game play like graphic or the experience of it,will that work like the adaptor?
-What about if I use the 3 in 1 hdmi cable provided to the link box from the vive, then use a mini display port from the link box out to a dual mode mini display port to the laptop (miniDP->DualMode MiniDP) and just use the hdmi to hdmi from my laptop to the tv as a second monitor for my friends to spectate? Would that affect the graphic or quality of the game instead of the first one?
-I also heard that people using miniDP to USB from the link box to pc?
-Which of the options is better or it doesn’t matter? Like the combination for the out from the link box to laptop, and laptop out to the tv for spectate mode (as second monitor/Mirrior) would be ideal? -And any recommend cables for the dual mode mini display hence I heard certain usb have problems with the vive? As I’m quite new to this and I haven’t gotten any extended cables yet.
1. HDMI->HDMI to laptop,Dual Mode Mini DP->HDMI via adaptor/no adaptor to TV.
2. Mini DP->Dual Mode DP to laptop,HDMI->HDMI directly to TV.
3. MiniDP-> USB, Dual Mode MiniDP/HDMI->HDMI? Which one would be better?
I am running a laptop with GTX1070,I7-8750,32GB Ram,144hz 3ms display. The model is Asus GL703GS.
Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.