Tablet is stuck on firmware update

Jun 21, 2018
my rca tablet is stuck on firmware update...I keep popping up firmware update everytime I connect to the wifi then it gets stuck on there and you can't get it off unless u reset the tablet then soon as try connect it does same thing....theres no way to get it off

Solution
It sounds like you have something you shouldn't on the device. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. A normal update won't cause problems, even if you don't install it. Try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if it happens in there. If it is one of those problems, it shouldn't happen when in that mode. You will then have to remove whatever is the cause to resolve the problem.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps...
It sounds like you have something you shouldn't on the device. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. A normal update won't cause problems, even if you don't install it. Try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if it happens in there. If it is one of those problems, it shouldn't happen when in that mode. You will then have to remove whatever is the cause to resolve the problem.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution