Samsung S4 parts swap

Jun 21, 2018
I have a working Samsung Galaxy S4 with a lose/faulty port charger and a motherboard that is spacitc at times (e.g. rarely it would say no sim card was inserted when there was one , or just system would be wonky.

I had another S4 with a broken digitizer. I figured it would be a 'bright idea' to just take the parts out of the broken digitizer and put them into my working phone. After replacing said parts, when i went to turn it on, it turns on (light turns blue the bottom buttoms flash) but then nothing after that. I ensured everything clicked and was securely connected. Then i just replaced my normal parts back into the working regular phone and now it too faces the same problem.

These phones are Canadian and same model type. SGH-I337

Edit: i tried and i clicked on the home button and the buttons led flash on and there was a green rectangle on the side of the screen for like one second and then vanished. Still darkness and nothing comes on.

What did i do wrong? Is it a software issue?

No way to know what you did wrong since no-one here can look over the devices or watched you do the swap. Bring them to a repair shop and see what they say, but for an S4 it would be easier and cheaper to just replace it, they should be $100 or less for a good working model. I bout an S5 in almost new shape for about $100 not long ago.