I can't move apps back from my SD Card to my Internal Storage. It says there is "not enough storage."

Jun 20, 2018
Ok, so I've looked through and have seen forums of people asking about not having enough storage when moving apps to the sd card but I'm trying to move apps back from the sd card. I moved them there yesterday and today realized that none of my apps are working, but when I tried to move them back I was told I don't have enough storage. I just learned about formatting the sd card, which I did not do beforehand, and would preferably not want to format it until I got my apps back onto my internal storage. Any solutions and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Update: I decided to try to move back every app to my internal storage and figured out that 2 of my apps were able to move back, while 5 apps still remain stuck on the sd card. If I plugged my phone into my pc could I try to move the apps in the file explorer?

Solution
You can't use the PC to move the apps. The apps you are trying to move, you say they were moved from the phone to the card. If that is the case, they should move back, unless there is less room on the phone now than there was before. Check the size of the apps and the size of available space on the phone. Everything you put on a device (even emails, texts, etc.,) takes up space. You may need to clear some out to move them. Also, if the apps were installed directly to the card, and not to the phone first, then they can't be move to the phone. In such a case you would have to uninstall them and reinstall them on the phone.

Also, apps only move to the SD card if either they are just general movable ones (which most aren't) or the SD card...
You can't use the PC to move the apps. The apps you are trying to move, you say they were moved from the phone to the card. If that is the case, they should move back, unless there is less room on the phone now than there was before. Check the size of the apps and the size of available space on the phone. Everything you put on a device (even emails, texts, etc.,) takes up space. You may need to clear some out to move them. Also, if the apps were installed directly to the card, and not to the phone first, then they can't be move to the phone. In such a case you would have to uninstall them and reinstall them on the phone.

Also, apps only move to the SD card if either they are just general movable ones (which most aren't) or the SD card has be made into "Internal" storage. If neither of these is the case, then I would have to wonder if that phone has been rooted, or if you used one of those apps claiming to let you move apps to the card and run them from it, which don't work.

Solution