Google work profile app doubles

Jun 18, 2018
Have a samsung s7 using Google work profile but it has doubled up almost all applications. The doubles having a briefcase on the icon. I Want to remove the most of the doubled applications, but just deleting icon removes both versions of it. This issue hasn’t occurred on any other phones our company is using work profiles on. Had a good browse around the phone for options but no luck. The extra apps are taking up a fair bit of space as well.

Solution
Sounds like there is a conflict in the app you are running and your system. I would try uninstalling it, restart the phone (turn it off and back on) then run all updates for the phone. Once the phone is working correctly again, try and reinstall the work app. If the conflict doesn't occur, great. If it happens again, then I would look at what you had installed on the phone prior to adding that. Any games or other things that may be causing the conflict. You may then need to remove whatever may be causing the conflict, repeat the steps above, and try again.

Should none of this work, I would contact your works IT department to see if the know what would cause the conflict. In the end you may have to "Hard Reset" the device (which will...
Sounds like there is a conflict in the app you are running and your system. I would try uninstalling it, restart the phone (turn it off and back on) then run all updates for the phone. Once the phone is working correctly again, try and reinstall the work app. If the conflict doesn't occur, great. If it happens again, then I would look at what you had installed on the phone prior to adding that. Any games or other things that may be causing the conflict. You may then need to remove whatever may be causing the conflict, repeat the steps above, and try again.

Should none of this work, I would contact your works IT department to see if the know what would cause the conflict. In the end you may have to "Hard Reset" the device (which will reset it back to its original state and remove anything added to it) and not install anything else before installing the work app.

Solution