Advice on what to buy first

abused_master

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
Hello, so recently I purchased an HTC Vive headset off ebay, however It was without any base stations or controllers. Im looking for advice on what to buy first/cheap places to get the base stations and controllers. Buying them new would cost relatively $400 and I’d be better off buying the full headset at that point. Currently i have $150 to spend what would you guys recommend i buy first out of those and from where?

Solution
You must have gotten quite a deal on the headset to warrant buying it without the base stations or controls. Base stations are required to do anything so those should be the first thing. There are some games you can play with a game pad but really it's not that great without both the controllers and base stations...

Davil

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
You must have gotten quite a deal on the headset to warrant buying it without the base stations or controls. Base stations are required to do anything so those should be the first thing. There are some games you can play with a game pad but really it's not that great without both the controllers and base stations...

Solution

abused_master

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

It was only $40 to be fair so i thought i might end up getting everything for much cheaper than the original $400~ish

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
Yeah.. buying the stuff piece meal is more expensive than buying the kit. (by A LOT!)

On the plus side, if you buy the kit.. there are a lot of 2 player games you can play with 1-controller each. :)