Hello, Nook Tab 7 won't let adopted sd card add more than about 3 gb.

Jun 10, 2018
Hello,
I first used a San Disk 32 gb card to use as the adoptable storage in my Nook Tab 7. It worked until it reached around 3 gb and then said it had no more storage available. I recently tried a Kingston 4 gb sd card that worked beautifully with no app problems, etc. However, I quickly ran out of storage. I purchased a PNY 32 gb card that worked for about the first week. Now, many of the apps say there is a problem and won't open. Also, when I try to switch an app to the sd card, it say's there is no space available, even though I have used less than 4 gb. Could it be that my Nook only recognizes storage up to 3 gb or so and whether it has more storage available or not? Could it be the brand of SD Card? Should I buy and try a 16 gb card? I would really appreciate any help or guidance in getting my Nook Tab 7 to work properly with the adoptable storage. Thanks!

Solution
Try those cards in another device. See if they work fine. If they do, and all that you place in that device give you problems, then I would say it is probably that and it may need repair or replacement.
Jun 10, 2018
Webworkings, that is interesting. I never considered that the SD card slot or the tablet itself might be the problem. Do you know if there is any way to check that?