Samsung Laptop Issues Help

AroStewart

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
I am having some really troubling problems with my computer. At first it started to not shut down or reboot completely. It would start the process and stay on a screen that say rebooting but never does. A few times t was successful but then stayed on the Samsung startup logo, frozen. Then my computer started to not do disk manager and restore points. It always say "connecting to virtual disk servers..." I have tried the fix this method by doing the Services but they were already enabled. I also tried to install programs on my computer but they always say, "Preparing program for install" and never does. The same thing happens when trying to uninstall certain programs. I tried to reinstall Windows. I would get to the select disk part but when I try to install windows on my SSD it would freeze and not do anything. The final straw is when I cannot load into my BIOS settings. It identifies that I hit the key but just loads Windows instead. I also can't pull up the Boot Menu. It would be nice not to have to throw away a computer that never gave me problems before. I'm not sure if it is a hardware problem or a software one. Please help if you can. Thank you.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-8TK1MH3
System Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
System Model 700Z7C
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU System SKUNumber
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies Ltd. P06AAE, 2/27/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10240.16384"
User Name DESKTOP-8TK1MH3\Joshua
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.79 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.98 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.04 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.16 GB
Page File Space 1.25 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

AroStewart

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015

UPDATE- I ran it with success and it said no errors.

12dfiopaw

Great
May 3, 2018
Thats weird if it was unsuccessful at first then had no errors later I would continue running it several times and see what happens then. Also Anything coming up with antivirus checks such as malwarebytes ect.... many of these things sound very similar to some kind of virus. Have you tried resetting the bios . Also some will reset with switching power cord button off then open laptop meaning to take it apart, take out coin battery for around 30 seconds then replace. Be careful if you open the laptop as to not rip any cables like the keyboard one. It can be a lot of work to take apart if you have not done it before.

AroStewart

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015

I did the test four times with all success and without errors. I have success with most of my problems. I had to install Windows from the Desktop rather than the Boot Menu. I only have one problem which is my BIOS now. When I struck the F2 key, it shows up that it was identified as hit but just loads up Windows instead.

12dfiopaw

Great
May 3, 2018
Did for any reason you enable uefi seems like this model will block users from accessing bios. But if you look online and lookup your question a wealth of info comes back about this issue in connection to your laptop. It also may be that you need to flash your bios to get it back but be sure in what you are doing as it can have a bad outcome if it gets interrupted. Also did you hit the f2 key again and again someone else mentioned maybe try starting the laptop while pressing it.

12dfiopaw

Great
May 3, 2018
Sorry it does not say their is something wrong with uefi but that it can have complications sometimes breaks fn keys or does not allow you to enter bios. I also see it is set in uefi.

AroStewart

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
I was going to re-flash BIOS yesterday but I wanna stopped by an error from a program. Which program do you think should be best? I tried flashing BIOS with the .ROM file and SFlash.exe from the original BIOS containment.