I can't get my lenovo phab2 past start upd

Jun 3, 2018
I can't get my lenovo phab 2 past start up! It takes ages to open to logo, then asks to confirm pattern, then says starting android, logo comes up again and then it says 'Android is starting... Optimising app 2 of 2', green spinning wheel appears and nothing else happens. I've left it spinning for over 5 minutes but still won't start. I've tried the hard reset but the screen doesn't open. I'm at my wits end now, don't know what to do next, apart from wang it though the window!
Please help, thank you, Lynette.

Solution
Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load. If it does load, while it will only have restricted access, you will also know that there is something on the tablet that is the problem. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. You would have to find and remove that then restart (turn off and back on) the tablet.

If it won't load up in "Safe Mode" either, then your options are a "Hard Reset", which will wipe everything off the tablet, or have it looked at for hardware issues.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until...
Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load. If it does load, while it will only have restricted access, you will also know that there is something on the tablet that is the problem. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. You would have to find and remove that then restart (turn off and back on) the tablet.

If it won't load up in "Safe Mode" either, then your options are a "Hard Reset", which will wipe everything off the tablet, or have it looked at for hardware issues.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution