Solved! Files transferred from camera sd card to android - Google photos problem

May 23, 2018
Hi. When my camera files are transferred to my Android they unfortunately show the date and time of transfer, not when the photos were taken /created. So, Google Photos puts them in that order rather than utilizing a true timestamp. I can't find anything .I usually transfer once per week and it's approx 1-2 thousand pics. When I look at the pic details the date created is available in exif but now all my pics have the same date and time as far as Google is concerned. What to do? I don't want to go in and start renaming files, but I really do need this fixed. I can't believe everybody isn't screaming, I think this is a kindergarten oversight on Goo Phot. Ugh!

Solution
That is a google issue. Unfortunately the data in the photos doesn't always show as the data for the files when you move them from one device to another. Often a device will change the date. I agree, it is annoying.

Unfortunately I don't see any other way around it, when it comes to google, than renaming. If you were saving them to a computer, it would be different, and so much easier.
That is a google issue. Unfortunately the data in the photos doesn't always show as the data for the files when you move them from one device to another. Often a device will change the date. I agree, it is annoying.

Unfortunately I don't see any other way around it, when it comes to google, than renaming. If you were saving them to a computer, it would be different, and so much easier.

Solution