Galaxy S9 Obliterates iPhone X in LTE Speed Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

allinbigt

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
Don't lie to the people about the LTE tests...make sure you don't forget to mention that wifi is still faster than LTE no matter what you do...next Samsung needs to post the sales of the S8 line LOL,,I'll wait

nickebrenner

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
They need to offer a flagship without the curved sides so one can put a real case on it. My wife's s7 had one of those kinda cases that wraps partly around, but the screen still shatter when dropped 2 feet and hit on the corner.
Now with her s9+ she had to go with another case that doesn't really protect the front, so she insisted on the durable case like screen protector cover for the front...well, now the screen isn't very responsive at all, and makes it really frustrating crippling such a powerful device. And, the edges serve no purpose other than to look cool when not in case, but...it has to be in a case or else it will almost definitely have a screen or rear glass back break.

May 15, 2018
Nickebrenner, i just bought one and have seen a lot of issues with the sensitivity although it appears it can be fixed in the settings on the phone - i have had good luck with the otterbox commuter on my phones so that and a glass screen protector are going to be my combo. Hope the above helps with the sensitivity issues.

paul.brandon.rye

Commendable
May 15, 2018
When the 2nd fastest phone, 3rd fastest, 4th fastest, etc, are all plenty fast, I don't buy one based on the wireless or LTE speed. I buy into features, apps, battery life, reliability, etc. And, my experience with the Samsung J7 is that Samsung reliability and Customer Service are terrible. Probably due to their endless tinkering with the Android operating system, so they can offer a gazillion different models.

allinbigt

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017

allinbigt

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
Wow I did not think about the curve edges of the display that makes alot of sense, and I know she was frustrated. My wife is very clumsy lol love her lots so she always gets the Active in that series her latest is the S8 Active.

Longtallsam

Prominent
May 14, 2017
When is someone ever going to start rating phones on how well they receive a cell signal, when we are more than a couple miles from a cell tower. Many of us live in rural areas or at least, have to travel through rural areas that may be five miles or more from a cell tower! Is it just that, all phones are equally bad at receiving these signals? I would gladly give up a few milliseconds of data speed, for a decent signal in remote areas!

Status
Not open for further replies.