NOT what right-click was meant for!

Apr 27, 2018
WTH with right click causing a pop up and taking you to the page, vice the desired "open in a tab to look at later while I CONTINUE BROWSING THE FRIKKIN PAGE I AM ON!!!!". I noticed another page recently do that, and it is irritating as hell. Right clicking should not take you there people! Is this a new "feature" we will be broken with? Sigh.

USAFRet

Illustrious

That's controlled by your browser settings.

Apr 27, 2018
Agh, well, guarantee it was not a change I made. If you happen to know where those that apparently know better than us has hidden that particular switch/setting, I would be grateful. I will re-post after perusing through the settings if I find it. The pop up is what made me think it was a site setting. The more those browser vendors "help" us, the more I think TOR is a better answer. :)

USAFRet

Illustrious

What browser are you using?
TOR is not a fix for this.

Apr 27, 2018
Currently Firefox and Chrome, I know Firefox did it earlier but can't remember if it did with Chrome... and when ads p me off by showing me things I just bought and no longer want to see, I occasionally use TOR. :)

Apr 27, 2018
So no, not a browser issue. I signed in with Chrome, and only on the first right click do you get a pop up and transport to that link. Going back to the main page AFTER that, right click acts normally. So I can only assume it is a screwed up method to get more people to send their E-mail and "get Tom's Hardware right in your in box" while inadvertently screwing up the right click that time only. Same with Firefox, once you go back from the first BS popup/go to page snafu, further right clicks act correctly and give you the menu to open in tab, new page, incognito, etc. Disappointed.

Apr 27, 2018
Probably in this section... first action, second action? Your web site, not a browser problem but a programmed irritant. Would love it if you could just not. :) Oh, and you are right, TOR did same thing..

\",close:\"close\",display:\"impression\",event:\"buybutton-signup\"},actionParams:{onCloseRedirect:true,onSubmitRedirect:true,onFirstEventListener:\"mousedown\",onSecondEventListener:\"mouseup\",firstActionEnabled:true,secondActionEnabled:false},modalParams:{upperText:\"Get Tom\u2019s Hardware Right in Your Inbox\",lowerText:\"Reviews, tech tips and advice for the technology enthusiasts.\",policyText:\"By signing up, I agree to the site\u2019s \",terms:\"terms of use\",\nand:\"and \",endterms:\"privacy policy\",placeholder:\"Enter Your Email\",signme:\"SIGN ME UP\",termslink:\"http: