My Oppo A37 automatically reformats the SD card when I insert it, how do I disable this?

Apr 23, 2018
So I was tryna copy some files into my oppo a37 and I inserted an sd card but it was auto reformatted, lol. I tried multiple times and wasted a lot of time.

How can I disable this?

Solution
I have never heard of a phone auto formatting a card. It usually asks you before doing so. Sounds like either a flaw in their system, which you would have to contact the manufacturer about, or you have a bad app, virus, malware, etc. on the phone that is causing this.

Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and then try inserting the SD card that is already working from use elsewhere, so you know it doesn't need formatting. See if the phone tries to format when in that mode. If it doesn't, then you know it is something on the device that you have to remove (virus, etc.). If it still tries to format it, contact the manufacturer.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold...
I have never heard of a phone auto formatting a card. It usually asks you before doing so. Sounds like either a flaw in their system, which you would have to contact the manufacturer about, or you have a bad app, virus, malware, etc. on the phone that is causing this.

Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and then try inserting the SD card that is already working from use elsewhere, so you know it doesn't need formatting. See if the phone tries to format when in that mode. If it doesn't, then you know it is something on the device that you have to remove (virus, etc.). If it still tries to format it, contact the manufacturer.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution