It Looks Like Apple's HomePod Is In Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad_53

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
I'm not sure why they thought a $350 speaker would sell well when 19/20 (or more) of folks are just fine with the sound quality of a much cheaper Echo. The Echo also does more.

avshmu

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
Forgot the long overdue multi-room support promised that is still missing.
And that's not the only flop... iPhone X sales are disappointing as well.
Well...

Feb 14, 2018
In agreeance with brad_53, most other smart speakers would work just as well and for much less money, it's possible that Apple believed that they could get through this with customer loyalty, using the name to sell instead of the features. I know for a fact at least some people bought it for that reason, but whether the Apple name makes it a better speaker isn't really something to debate on.

jeffc73oc

Honorable
Sep 14, 2017
This is a good example of them trying to be the dominant source out there trying to make everyone go Apple only. They make great products. I have 2 ipads an imac and my wife uses an iphone where I have an android, but make it compatible for everyone like google and amazon. My wife will use apple music if she is at home listening to music, but i might like Pandora or Spotify and I can't use it? they need to be more open and realize that iOS/macOS isn't the only available option out there. Look how much more sales on itunes they had when they opened it to windows PC. If they brought that to Android despite being direct competitor I would be the first one to d/l the app. even if I had to pay for it. Especially if it allowed me to transfer my music to my android so I can listen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.