How to lock an Athlon (Yes, lock, not unlock)?

G

I'm the unlucky owner of a motherboard, which do not support change of multiplier and Vcore voltage.
My Athlon 1200 FSB 133 is unlocked from the factory, but I have to set the multiplier manually, meaning I have to lock the L1 bridge and lock/unlock L3 and L4.
How do I lock the bridges WITHOUT damaging the CPU?
Can I use a scalpel?
Where can I find a similar board showing the correct settings for an Athlon 1200 FSB 133? ---> http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/01q4/011112/athlonxp2000oc-08.html

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My Athlon 1200 FSB 133 is unlocked from the factory, but I have to set the multiplier manually, meaning I have to lock the L1 bridge and lock/unlock L3 and L4.
<b><i>No, you won't.</b></i> It's already been set its default multiplier 9x which is controlled by L3 & L4. Just put it in, and it will show up as 1200MHz (you need to change manually its FSB from 100 to 133MHz though).

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

rcj187

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
its already set to 9x multiplier. just change the fsb to 133 and it will be fine. fsb usually in bios or sometimes by jumpers on mobo

how do you set a laser printer to stun?

G

Ahh yes, I may have forgotten to say this, but I want to overclock my CPU and I am needed to set the multiplier via L3 and L4 by locking/unlocking different bridges, also I need to modify Vcore.
I want to know how to lock bridges (unlock is easy, just a good old pencil :) ), and I need a board showing extacly which brigdes to lock/unlock.

ath0mps0

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2002
Tom's had a whole rightup and tables of the necessary bridge connections for each speed. Do a search.

I thought a thought, but the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I had thought.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I want to know how to lock bridges (unlock is easy, just a good old pencil :) ), and I need a board showing extacly which brigdes to lock/unlock.
Then use <b><A HREF="http://www.ocinside.de/html/workshop/socketa/socketa_resistors.html" target="_new"><font color=blue>this guide</A></b></font color=blue>.
Anyway, I don't think cutting bridges worth the trouble. You might end up damaging your chip.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.