Headphone mic working in port, removed from port, returned to port, and no longer work

Apr 4, 2018
I am having a problem with my Skullcandy headphones. Here is the situation:

My headphones worked and have been working in the port that they've been in for months. They used both mic and audio and never had issues before now. I've been plugging them into my tower's ports since I got them; it has a port with headphones beneath, and a port with a microphone beneath. I had paid them little mind before due to the fact I had never had prior issues.

Tonight, I restarted my computer (taking out the power cord from the tower, waiting, hooking it back up). After this, plugging the headphones into these ports caused it to only be able to use one or the other depending on which I plugged it into. I pulled the tower out to unplug it prior to the issue, so something may have come unplugged, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what, seeing as I could not see any loose cords.

I tried the headphones out on a phone to test to see if it was a headphone issue, which, when plugged into the phone, it worked just the same as before all of this. It seems to be (?) a setting issue, so I tried resetting things by restoring my settings from two days ago when the headphones worked fine. This did nothing for me.

I think it might be a setting problem or something to do with Line In (which I know nothing about, so excuse me if it's a way-off guess) and I'm having trouble finding people with a similar issue

Please tell me if there is any information you might need to try and help :)

Apr 4, 2018
It actually may have been the old webcam that came unplugged, which essentially sits behind my computer uselessly, but it may have been the culprit to all my issues. It may have been the mic that was automatically connected at all times. I just had no idea it was there, the cam being ancient. I feel dumb now that I consider this, but hey, this is probably the problem. I'll consider this solved if it is.