AsoarT

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
Specs:
-Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU 2.50 GHz
-Ram: 8GB
-System:Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
-GPU:Radeon HD 8650G(!)

Hello,first of all thanks for checking out the thread.This is a second hand laptop,the specs seem really good but its performance is terrible.The laptop had overheating problem but i bought a cooler for it.I did an antivirus scan and malwarebytes scan and it turned out clean.I suspect 2 things that may be slowing the laptop down.

1)The laptop had windows 10 when i bought it i dont think that the laptop supports windows 10.

2) The GPU.When i checked the laptop specs online it is saying that the GPU is HD 8670M but this laptop is using 8650G.I checked the display adapter on the amd control centre and i saw that the 8650G is being used as primary and 8670M is on linked adapter.8650G is showing on as used adapter on dxdiag.

Btw i tried to change the thermal paste but i had trouble removing the last screw.Its tiny and damaged.Thanks again and have a great day.

Edit:I tried uninstalling 8650G and downloading 8670M drivers from amd's website but it didn't support it.So i guess the drivers and the adapters are correct.

the 8650g is the apu from the amd processor.the discrete should be the 8670m.regarding the slow down when is it happening?during gaming/intense task or normal use?if it have issue with overheating the cooler wont be enough.u need to find a way to remove the strip screw so u can change the paste.

AsoarT

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017

Thats what i thought too,but i couldn't set the 8670M as the video adapter because i didn't know how to.The pc isn't slowing down,its just slow.Not performing the way it should.I am getting 40 fps in league in minimum settings.As for the stripped screw,i will try to find a solution.Meanwhile I will try to find how to change the video adapter to the 8670M but i doubt i will find anything,if you can help me with that it would be great.

Its been awhile since i last use amd cards but you should be able to set it using catalyst command center or whatever amd calls it these days.also check your disk/cpu usage using task manager for anything unusual

AsoarT

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
The performance got better after i did the following:
-There was dust between the hole and the fan that i couldnt see but saw after i realised after i couldnt feel air coming through,cleaned it.
-I did disk fragmentation
-Changed the games to be ran at high performance setting.

It made the laptop perform a lot better.League running at 80 fps at medium settings(it ran 30 fps at minimum settings before).Though i couldnt remove the stripped screw because it is really small and really stripped,so i couldnt change the paste unfortunatelly.But i still think the laptop can perform better

its best to change the paste as well as time goes on the paste will be dried.u can ask for help from any pc repair shop to remove the strip screw.

TRENDING THREADS