enable my wifi hotspot?...i have an lg stylo 2 thats been imei unlocked, originally a cricket phone; now using metro pcs.

Mar 26, 2018
my problem is, my device has the capabilities to launch the wifi hotspot/wifi tether...but during the authentication process, my android tells me that, ...' that the NETWORK is having problems 'authenticating the server' , 'try again later.'..pls. help me understand how and why a network carrier can influence the performance and capabilities of ANY device. i would like my phone to perform the same tasks and features as smoothly today, as it certainly Must-Have done last week.

Did you contact MetroPCS? Issue with moving phones to another carrier is that secondary things like hotspots tend to have issues. Carriers can block things like tethering and hotspots since it puts more of a strain on their data backbone if used that way. That is why budget carriers restrict things.

Dec 8, 2018
im having the same issue but i carried my stylo 2 to t-mobile and they cant help ive talk to carrier and cricket will do nothing for you if your not on there network.. i cant even use usb tethering or a hotspot app

Dec 15, 2018
1. Install from the link below or from the Play Store the application: "Settings Database Editor".
2. Open it and select "System".
3. Then go down to: "Tether_entitlement_check_state"
4. Change value to: "0"
5. Enjoy Wifi Hotspot in LG Phoenix 2 and others.
** It is not necessary to be root.
Note: Acknowledgments @ David for his collaboration.