Need S4 GT-I9500 Firmware

Mar 24, 2018
So,long story short..I got a Samsung S4 GT-I9500 from a family member..The phone cant update via OTA coz they say the phone is 'Custom'..And another thing and i dont know bout it,but it cant register on ANY network..Blocked IMEI number..so i need to fix that issue aswell..I tried KiES and SMaRT SWITCH but that too was a bust..
Probleme is,
Phone is Blocked with IMEI,
Phone is Rooted or something and i sure need some decent firmware to get back the OTA updates..

And one more thing,im not stupid but i can sure use a step by step instruction..

Thank you for all the smart and kinda pro's online with all the advice given..

Oh,one MORE thing..im from South Africa(if that makes a difference)

Solution
Well, if you are wanting the phone to be able to get updates, if that is the device is even going to (as after a certain point manufacturers stop updates to devices) which I believe that device doesn't get updates anymore. Not for the OS. I believe it only got them until Android 5.0 (Lollipop). So restoring the device to the original OS (basically unrooting it) won't get you newer versions of Android.

Sounds more like you need help with rooting issues. So you can access the phone again. Update the OS, etc. I would suggest posting your questions in the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" forum. :) http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html Good luck!
Well, if you are wanting the phone to be able to get updates, if that is the device is even going to (as after a certain point manufacturers stop updates to devices) which I believe that device doesn't get updates anymore. Not for the OS. I believe it only got them until Android 5.0 (Lollipop). So restoring the device to the original OS (basically unrooting it) won't get you newer versions of Android.

Sounds more like you need help with rooting issues. So you can access the phone again. Update the OS, etc. I would suggest posting your questions in the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" forum. :) http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html Good luck!

Solution