Apple's Foldable iPhone Just Got a Lot More Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcypond

Prominent
Mar 23, 2018
I think if normal high-end smartphones are in the $1,100 range that these foldable one swill be $1,500+. Honestly, I think getting so many people to buy $900 phones was only going to work once or twice. I think the sub-$500 phone will come roaring back in 2019. I think Apple, LG and Samsung will "want" to offer phones with foldable screen,s but they won't be able to do it anytime soon for a price even 2% of the market-will-bear.

I own a S8+ and I can honestly say, even thought I like it, I won't buy a $900 phone again.

AndrewFreedman

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2014

Like any new tech, the first wave will be very expensive, no doubt. I imagine many people will wait not only for the prices to drop, but also for more apps and services that take advantage of a foldable display. As for mid-range phones, there are a bunch of pretty great ones out there now. I'm surprised they're not more popular.

rscudds13

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
I've been buying Apple products for about forty years now, and with the greedy headphone jack issue and the terrible AI called Siri, I say who cares now it's a little too late! The iPhone 6 plus was my last Apple phone, and I'm not so sure I'll ever buy anything from Apple again with the management they have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.