System not responding

Mar 15, 2018
My Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet started saying Process System isnt Responding.....do you want to close it? and all sorts of crazy things are happening now. I cant do a reset because the reset button doesnt work and I cant type anything with keyboard. Occasionally the screen will go black with a white light around the edge and I can get a picture if I press the power button...this is usually when I have switched it off and switch it on again. I cant even backup my data because the button doesnt respond. Please be gentle ...I am 73 years old and dont find this side of electronics easy. I have tried holding down power button and volumn and nothing happens and I cant get the back of the tab. I dont want to damage it.
I am so over Samsung....I phoned and told them I wanted a replacement tablet because this is only 2 and a bit years old and all the copper bevelling has chipped and now all these problems.....they said they would get a supervisor to get back to me....after giving all the necessary details.....and nobody did.

Solution
You can do a "Hard Reset". But that will wipe all data on the device. First, however, try turning it off and then starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load. It will have limited access in this mode, but if it loads fine, then you may well have a virus, malware, bad app, etc., on the device that needs to be removed so it will work well again. If that doesn't resolve the problem, then you can try the "Hard Reset".

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something...
You can do a "Hard Reset". But that will wipe all data on the device. First, however, try turning it off and then starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load. It will have limited access in this mode, but if it loads fine, then you may well have a virus, malware, bad app, etc., on the device that needs to be removed so it will work well again. If that doesn't resolve the problem, then you can try the "Hard Reset".

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS