Tablet won't connect to internet

Mar 15, 2018
Just bought an RCA Voyager III 7 inch tablet and it's been useless. I was able to get online to download Facebook and FB messenger but that has been it. It shows I'm connected with signal strength of fair. I get free internet with rent in my apartment bldg so I thought maybe it was the fact that so many others were also online, even though I never had this is with my Lenovo 10 tab A. Meanwhile my $25 Walmart phone is able to stream from youtube. I can't stay connected long enough to download a single game. Went to McDonald's where they have free wifi and same thing...phone has no issues but tablet will connect to a website but then says it's connected but there's no internet. What am I missing? I still have time to take it back. Thinking maybe of getting a refund and trying to fix the Lenovo.

Solution
Try these first. If it still won't work after that, return it as it could have problems.

NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, and if the table is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer.

1. Try and restart the tablet. Sometimes it is that simple.

2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the tablet.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the tablet to make sure it is correct.

4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the tablet and re-input the WiFi data.

5. Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the tablet...
Try these first. If it still won't work after that, return it as it could have problems.

NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, and if the table is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer.

1. Try and restart the tablet. Sometimes it is that simple.

2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the tablet.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the tablet to make sure it is correct.

4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the tablet and re-input the WiFi data.

5. Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the tablet.

6. Make sure you have "Data" turned off on the device when using "WiFi" (that is if you have a plan with data through your tablet). If you don't make sure it is turned off, the device can keep trying to switch to "Data" when you try and use "WiFi".

Solution

TRENDING THREADS