Feb 19, 2018
I have just read a post by someone about drawing software and the person never mentioned ArtRage. I have been using it for a while now so I was just wondering if someone else tried it?
To explain since I was kindly asked by moderators.
The software is ArtRage and its basically a studio which simulates the painting in oil/aquarelle/acrilic, drawing in pencils/color pencils/pens etc.
At first I just had fun and then realized you can do serious art digital.

Have not heard of ArtRage. Have not noted any ads or other user comments, etc..

Going to turn your post "around" some.

Would kids enjoy using ArtRage? Is ArtRage simple to configure, use, and user friendly?

I visited the website and was intrigued. Not an artist by any means but always on the lookout for some application or product that will encourage younger family members to be creative and challenged beyond the usual gaming apps they spend way too much time on.

May try the demo and get some direct feedback from the younger folks.

However, again turning your post around some, as an artist what do you think?

Feb 19, 2018
Going to turn your post "around" some.
Would kids enjoy using ArtRage? Is ArtRage simple to configure, use, and user friendly?
However, again turning your post around some, as an artist what do you think?

Well, lets put it this way it imitates the real drawing and it has all kinds of additional stuff like sparkles and such. Do the kids like it, actually depending on the kid, my nephew played with it for a half an hour and decided its done. On the other hand his friend (girl) who really likes drawing set there for an hour and a half and enjoyed herself. Would I recommend it as a substitute? Not exactly for three reasons:
1. They are at the computer again.
2. Unless the kid is creative not a solution.
3. Depends on the age of the kid and knowledge of computers (If its a preschool kid you can show how to use and no problems) The interface is clear enough but some kids get frustrated with the many options there are.

I would however, recommend the software for someone more adult who likes to draw and doesn't have the space for studio. Or someone looking to learn how to paint. And as my friend said someone who is looking to have stress free activity.

In that context my suggestion would be to go to the Art Rage Forum/Community via their website.

You might even join if you chose to do so.

Do some reading and posting therein.

You should be able to get a sense of what people who tried and/or regularly use ArtRage are saying about the application.

And, in the meantime, someone within this forum may notice your post and add further comment here.

And, remembering that I am not an artist by any means, I recently had some fun via the following link:

http://htck.github.io/bayeux/#!/#%2F

Keyword being "fun":