Solved! Amazon Echo vs Google Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2018
Hey guys,

Really having a dilemma on which to decide. Originally wanted to go for the Echo because my brother has one and thought it was really cool, however doing some research, I'm quite torn between the two.

A little background as to why I want either of the devices. I want it for the music, smart home and personal assistant feature.

Quick point, I am in no way considering the Amazon Echo Dot nor the Google Home Mini or Max.

Here are the reasons why I'm siding with both and can't make definitive answer.

Amazon Echo:

- A lot easier to say Alexa and to me, sounds a bit, well for lack of a better word, cooler to say.

- A lot more integrations for smart home devices, especially with the Echo Plus having a smart hub built it. However I would like to add, I don't quite care that it has more smart home devices integrations, as I would only need the main ones like Philips Hue, Thermostat and possibly integration with a smart fridge in the future.

- Looks, simply to say the Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo Plus looks better than the Google Home.

- Easier to know when Alexa is listening with the blue ring activation.

- Maybe this is just in my head but the Brand of Amazon?

- Being a prime member, availability to Amazon Music and Prime Unlimited.

- Echo model is cheaper than Google Home.

Google Home:

- Uses Google search compared to Amazon's Bing.

- Smarter digital/ personal assistant with more natural conversations and actions compared to the Echo.

- Sound of the Google Home has more bass which I like.

- By a hair, more music integration, what I mean is Spotify Premium is available on Echo and Home but Spotify Free is only available on the Home. (Correct me if I am wrong, I am getting this information from an article) and also can play YouTube as well.

- Caught up in integrations to the Echo, however not quite up to par in regards of the breadth of smart home integration like the Echo. As said before, I don't quite care that it has more smart home devices integrations, as I would only need the main ones like Philips Hue, Thermostat and possibly integration with a smart fridge in the future.

- Better multi-room audio.

- Better rating of app, on the Appstore.

I would like any and all owners of either or both of the devices to provide their experience and why I should go with either one.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.