Did you ever use tape recorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklense

Great
Feb 8, 2018
Reading through the posts here, it makes me wanna ask this question, back in just 20 years from now, we used to be completely happy with tape recorder, the rewinds and the scrunched tape. I found mine few days ago and it just makes me smile.

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
Not me. I skipped straight from vinyl to CD in 1984 and never looked back. Almost 35 years digital and never used a VCR tapr or a cassette tape.

Back in the old days my Dad had a 4 track tape deck in his car.

Graybush

Estimable
You know, I actually had my own when I was very little. I spent a lot of my very young childhood in a developing territory, so the concept of computers or the internet wasn't a part of my lifestyle. I remember my dad having a large collection of music, and I spent hours in front of it listening to whatever he had in his collection. He was a big fan of Queen and The Rolling Stones :)

TerryLaze

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Mr Wayne?! Is that you?
Yeah I grew up with cassette tapes and walkmans,even had a home computer that would load stuff from tape.

TerryLaze

Commendable
May 9, 2016

No we weren't ,at least I wasn't there just wasn't any alternative to it.

Kaladan

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
Yep, still have original '60s pre walkman unit and a Sony 'joystick' cassette unit with x100 tapes. Most still playable, sort of!

D

Deleted member 217926

Cassettes were terrible. Any nostalgia for them goes away quickly if you try to listen to one today. I grew up in the 80s so I made it through albums, cassettes and CDs. I still had a dual cassette deck as part of the home stereo as late as ~2000.

My first audio component was an open reel tape recorder. I have owned many from Tandberg, Pioneer, Technics, and Revox.
There is nothing to beat the sound of a master tape on a quality tape deck like a Studer Revox or Ampex.
You can legally by copies of studio masters for home use..
http://tapeproject.com/
and get restored tape decks.
http://www.j-corder.com/

D

Deleted member 217926

Not sure I could pay $450 for an album no matter how good it sounded.

darklense

Great
Feb 8, 2018

Vinyl is something else completely I have a friend who found a way to distribute the sound from the vinyl onto hybrid amp amplifier I think it was advance science or something

darklense

Great
Feb 8, 2018

I used to do that with vinyl

darklense

Great
Feb 8, 2018

As as kid I used to love the old TV show theme songs, so I used to take my sister's portable cassette recorder, plug in the microphone, and place it next to the TV speaker. It was always tough trying to hit the record button between the end of the last commercial and the start of the theme song.

-Wolf sends

darklense

Great
Feb 8, 2018

Lol that sounds familiar

Status
Not open for further replies.