I can't open any newly downloaded mp3 files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2018
Recently, I've been having problems opening and mp3 files on my smartphone. All old files I had before this problem started open and play fine. My internet runs smoothly, the files download fine, and there is plenty of memory / storage space, yet they won't open after being downloaded. My device is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Does anyone know what I may be able to do to fix this?

How are you trying to open the files? With the standard player for the device, or using something else?

Also, it is completely possible that the files are corrupted or not even formatted correctly. You can rename any file to have an .mp3 extension, however that doesn't mean it will work. So you would need to make sure that they aren't damaged files and/or the are actual .mp3 files.

Feb 10, 2018
I was able to fix this, though it seemed a bit of an odd way to do so.
I simply downloaded the mp3 file, then changed the file extension to mp4, and for whatever reason, I was able to listen to it.
I have no idea why this fixed it, but it did, so I suppose it's better than not being able to listen to my music.

May 31, 2018
GO to android settings >> apps >> choose the app with which you are trying to open the file >> select storage >> clear data

Now the file shld be playble.. or open ur music app , u shld be able to find the file.

Good to know :clearing data in Amazon music will not delete your local playlists as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.