Cloverfield Paradox Review Roundup: It's a Disasterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.

elite15

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
The same critics that said Bright was bad as well. Im starting to think all these critics need a new line of work!

john.c.fenton

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
"Cloverfield" is a series of short stories that many want to believe are tied to each other. The universal hatred for the 3rd installment is simply due to the fact that the "answers" to the questions from one and two and the attempt to make them related is not being addressed. This is causing confusion, frustration, and disappointment. Stop trying to make them related and view them as the separate stories they are. While not Academy Award caliber, they provide thought provoking matinee entertainment. As for anything a critic says, I reject their views as arrogant opinions of jaded attention grabbers, desperate to be the one who will be remembered for commenting on a movie. While they might have a interesting point of discussion, it's buried under so much me, me, me, me, me...

boborr007

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
I watched "Cloverfield" last night. This movie had great Hype but it did not live up to the trailer. Not the worst Sci-fi movie I ever saw but certainly way down at the bottom. The plot was all over the map. The setting was OK but lacked details that could have developed the characters better. The editor and the writers clearly were not in sync. It wasn't until the very end did I get a "hint" that this was meant to be a series of stories that tied anything together. This could have been a good movie but it was an "epic fail"

Status
Not open for further replies.