Neewer NW-700 too quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuvenileJake

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
I had purchased an NW-700 a couple of months ago, and along with it came an NW-100 phantom power supply, an XLR to XLR cable, an XLR to 3.5 millimeter jack, and other various accessories.

I hadn't really used it until today, and I noticed it is way too quiet. There is no buzzing sound present, but under my sounds it pickups two bars at most (not including yelling).

I tried plugging the mic directly into my PC and skipping the phantom power supply, only to achieve the same results. I also tried other audio ports on my PC. I had, yet again, the same results.

I'm out of ideas and am honestly frustrated. Help ASAP would be appreciated.

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
With its directional pickup and background canceling stuff, is it possible that the mic is too far away from you and treating you like you are background noise? You might need to get right up on it or possibly it's mounted backwards?

JuvenileJake

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017

That's not the problem either. The mic is about 6 inches away from my face. Even if I put my mouth right up next to it, it still only picks up 4 bars max.I tried flipping it around, and there was no noticeable difference.

Mar 18, 2018
I think you have the wrong mic in default, i see the candiod or something like that on top (which is the xlr mic if im not mistaken). Try that one or equalizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.