Reinstalled windows, crashed midway, reinstalled again but one drive is not showing up anywhere.

Dry4Haz

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
I didn't put this under laptop tech support because this isn't a laptop. I found no category with desktop tech support.

So my pc was acting up so I decided to reinstall windows because it's been a while and I wanted to have a clean system. I have 2 drives, 1 ssd and 1 hdd. I have my OS on the ssd and that's the one I tried reinstalling it on. Everything went fine until my pc crashed midway, which was the issue I had before and the reason I wanted to reinstall. I had these random crashed that happened when I was just watching some movie and not using performance. Anyways, after the crash it was in an endless loop of telling me the installation was interrupted and kept restarting my pc. So I made a boot drive on an usb and tried reinstalling it that way. But when I did so my ssd drive was not showing both in the installation nor in the BIOS. Did my ssd break or what. Should I unplug it and replug it or what should I do? I've gone into disk management and it's not showing there either. I also tried getting it to show in the command prompt in the installation. If you know any tips or anything I can try before going to a computer shop getting it checked out, please send them my way.

Solution
Tom's Guide doesn;t have a Windows section but Tom's ardware has one for each version of Windows. Never mind, we can deal with this here, I hope.

I agree with your thinking about taking a side off and resetting the connection to the SSD. Where I'm confused is that you have an installation. Did it fetch up on the HDD because if it did, it would have formatted your data out of existence so dont go back in there. Disconnect the spinning disk and concentrate on getting the installation ot to your SSD.
Tom's Guide doesn;t have a Windows section but Tom's ardware has one for each version of Windows. Never mind, we can deal with this here, I hope.

I agree with your thinking about taking a side off and resetting the connection to the SSD. Where I'm confused is that you have an installation. Did it fetch up on the HDD because if it did, it would have formatted your data out of existence so dont go back in there. Disconnect the spinning disk and concentrate on getting the installation ot to your SSD.

Solution