repetitive txt coming in on my alcatel pop d1phone

arleneb228

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
have an ongoing problem with 1 text from 1 person every time I turn my phone on, has been doing this since 26th dec. provider couldn't see anything at their end, sim was put into another ph but txt didn't come through on that ph, only on my ph. technician tried a couple of things but it still comes through he said I would have to live with it ?
Any suggestions please?

You can try clearing out ALL texts on the device (even saved) and if that doesn't stop it, you may have to go into the phone's "Settings" and then to "Apps". Go to "All" and then locate the messaging app. Tap it and then tap to "Clear Cache" and then "Clear Data". Once it is done, restart the phone and it should not give you the message any longer if it was somehow in a loop on the phone.

If it still sends it to the phone, the problem is on the carrier/service providers end and they need to resolve it.

arleneb228

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
thanks for your reply, I'm in apps msg there are two grey boxes 1 says "force stop" the other Disable" under these listed in a column is storage,total, app, data with mb amounts in each coloumn. under these is clear data. Won't this wipe my contacts??

If you are in the "Messages" app then no, it shouldn't wipe the contacts. That is if the contacts are in your 'contacts' app. Now if you are talking about a different app (not standard messages one) and the contacts are held within the app, then yes it may remove them.

If you are worried, you can always back up the contacts. There should be an option in the app for contacts to save them as a file or to upload them.

arleneb228

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018

arleneb228

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
Hi must be getting a little closer to clearing as the light doesn't come on at the top anymore but the text still appears. Did the steps you suggested but couldn't delete "cache" as it wasn't highlighted, but did "clear data" turned ph off & on text appears after a short while. Also is it normal for the ph to come up with the words " launcher is not responding. would you like to close it in a box with the choice of wait or ok. Thank you so much for your response so far. Its a shame when you buy a ph and no one shows you how to use it and the instructions don't cover too many of the problems, any way if you have any more ideas..... otherwise I will just carry on....thanks again

arleneb228

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
Have run the internal anti virus scan & clean master, I'm no techy either, will go to provider again show them your suggestions & see if some one there knows alcatels, thanks again have a good day