Tethering problem techno l9

genesionyaga77

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
Have tried to connect my phone to a computer but the USB tethering option is disabled can't tick the option.have also tried to use my otg cable not working too, tried from other laptops and other cables not working.my techno l9 has problem I concluded can someone help me to fix it? Are USB drivers installed on phones?
Have tried factory reset,ticked USB debugging, almost every setting without avail help

Solution
Hmm well to use the phone as a modem you would be better off setting it up as a "HotSpot". That would work better than trying to do it via the cord. I will include those instructions below.

In regard to it not letting you move files to or from the phone and the computer, I am curious then if the carrier/service provider you got the phone through restricts that option. It happens with certain companies.

When you connect the USB to the phone, and then to the computer (it should be done in that order) does anything pop up or make a sound on the computer? Also, does anything show on the phone's screen. I know many phones require you choose how you are connecting. It shows the options/choices on the phone's screen.

And about using it as a...

genesionyaga77

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

Hmm well to use the phone as a modem you would be better off setting it up as a "HotSpot". That would work better than trying to do it via the cord. I will include those instructions below.

In regard to it not letting you move files to or from the phone and the computer, I am curious then if the carrier/service provider you got the phone through restricts that option. It happens with certain companies.

When you connect the USB to the phone, and then to the computer (it should be done in that order) does anything pop up or make a sound on the computer? Also, does anything show on the phone's screen. I know many phones require you choose how you are connecting. It shows the options/choices on the phone's screen.

And about using it as a "HotSpot"...

If it is at all possible it would be done this way...

1. Go into "Settings" and in the "Wireless & networks" section tap "More".
2. Now tap "Tethering & portable hotspot".
3. For "Wireless Tethering" tap "Set up WiFi hotspot"
4. On this new screen you will see options for a "Network Name", "Security", "Password" and "Network Band". You can change them or keep them as is. It is really up to you.
5. Now you would just need to search for the hotspot by name using the second device.

NOTE: While a WiFi hotspot feature is built into Android, some service providers/carriers, especially in the United States, hide it. You would then need to see if you can locate an app that you can install to help with this.

Solution