email pdf attachments on android won't download in spite of having adobe reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2018
I am unable to open a PDF document email attachment on Moto G 3rd Generation android.
The following message appears: Download Error :There was insufficient memory or the SD card has been unmounted or removed. Try rebooting our device and contact support if error persists.
There is plenty of memory and the SD card is portable and mounted.
When I try and save as a PDF file, the following message appears: Directory/sd card/download does not exist.
I have had the same problem with an email music file attachment.
I have done a reboot but the problem still exists.
Help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Solution
Well, it sounds like the folder you are trying to download to isn't on the card. Which is possible. You would have to check the SD card to see if that folder does exist.

You may have to change the settings in whatever program you are trying to download through. Change the destination for downloaded files, downloaded through that particular app. That can resolve such an issue.

Now I do have to mention that the PDF will have to have been created correctly, sometimes they aren't, to work. Also it will have to only have content in it that can be viewed by the phone. If there is other content it may cause the file not to open.
Well, it sounds like the folder you are trying to download to isn't on the card. Which is possible. You would have to check the SD card to see if that folder does exist.

You may have to change the settings in whatever program you are trying to download through. Change the destination for downloaded files, downloaded through that particular app. That can resolve such an issue.

Now I do have to mention that the PDF will have to have been created correctly, sometimes they aren't, to work. Also it will have to only have content in it that can be viewed by the phone. If there is other content it may cause the file not to open.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.