Which should i buy Vive or oculus.

RedPanda_2

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
Ok so i have 900€ and the oculus (with touch bundle) costs 450€ where i live but the vive costs around 700€ and i really want to get the nintendo switch and if i get the vive i won't be able to. I want to kinda get the oculus because of the money and since you get some free games with it. The games i would like to play are Pavlov or other vr shooters and vrchat which do you think is best for these kinda games.

Solution
Have you made your decision yet? After months and many more months of research into an outdoor VR gaming area the Vive wins in my book. There's a couple things that I am not aware of. You need a 7' x 5' gaming space for the Vive's roomscale. More is better up until about a 16' x 16' gaming area. My space will be 10' x 20'. How much space do you have? Secondly the PC requirements are fairly stout. What's in your PC?

The storage space of the Switch is pretty small at 24GB. I'd certainly wait until they release a bigger(64GB) model. https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/27/16821202/nintendo-delaying-64gb-game-cards-developers-2019 Let's not the cake and eat it too lead to any regret. Go for the Vive first and then start saving for the...

RedPanda_2

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017

will it be fine with just 2 i have quite a small room?

RedPanda_2

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017

There is no way i could get a sensor where i live. Maybe on a international shipping site but then i would've to pay for shipping and pay for the ENORMOUS tax my country wants us to pay to ship things.

aquielisunari

Distinguished
Have you made your decision yet? After months and many more months of research into an outdoor VR gaming area the Vive wins in my book. There's a couple things that I am not aware of. You need a 7' x 5' gaming space for the Vive's roomscale. More is better up until about a 16' x 16' gaming area. My space will be 10' x 20'. How much space do you have? Secondly the PC requirements are fairly stout. What's in your PC?

The storage space of the Switch is pretty small at 24GB. I'd certainly wait until they release a bigger(64GB) model. https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/27/16821202/nintendo-delaying-64gb-game-cards-developers-2019 Let's not the cake and eat it too lead to any regret. Go for the Vive first and then start saving for the bigger and badder Switch model next year. They have given you a reason to wait and save. What will you do?

We have forever been locked into our gaming positions. We are always sitting down except for a few dance/music and other games. The Vive and Oculus allows us to literally(almost) become part of the game. I think the Vive's VR solution is the best for those that have the room and the PC power.

Solution