OnePlus 5T vs. Essential Phone: Battle of the $500 Flagships

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarsella72

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
Forgot, they didn't mention the recent ota for portrait mode on essential? It actually works well. And since that update occurred a month ago there have been two additional updates to the camera. I think the OnePlus is still probably better because they have manual mode but the Gap is being closed at a rapid pace. This writer should have included this feature since the story was rraleased 1 month after the portrait ota.

jmarsella72

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
I think considering it took OnePlus 4 phones to get the camera right I'm not surprised it won. But I think the display on the essential is better. Here's one thing essential does better and this is huuuuuuuugggggeeee us better customer service and it's patching. I'm always reading OnePlus is horrible at it. If there is an issue they never address it right away. I can say from experience that essential is in the ball in that regard. I've received I think like 10 camera updates since Sept. 10!! I know the camera needed it but they are hammering it out and seem relentless on getting it right. That is, is my opinion, is what makes essential better. I love the updates. Huawei, Sammy, lg, never ever do updates. Whatever you get is basically what you have until you buy another phone. Now those phones are def more polished but for the money I would take OnePlus or essential any day of the week over the bigger companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.